All Job Interview Questions and Answers << Job Questions and Answers for Data Structures
Questions and answers taken from real job interviews.
Find interview questions and answers on this website:
• Direct method, • Subtraction method, • Modulo-Division method, • Digit-Extraction method, • Mid-Square method, • Folding method, • Pseudo-random method.
• Prefix Notation: - * +ABC ^ - DE + FG • Postfix Notation: AB + C * DE - FG + ^ -
No. The Minimal spanning tree assures that the total weight of the tree is kept at its minimum. But it doesn't mean that the distance between any two nodes involved in the minimum-spanning tree is minimum.
The heterogeneous linked list contains different data types in its nodes and we need a link, pointer to connect them. It is not possible to use ordinary pointers for this. So we go for void pointer. Void pointer is capable of storing pointer to any type as it is a generic pointer type.
If the 'pivotal value' (or the 'Height factor') is greater than 1 or less than -1.
B+ tree. Because in B+ tree, all the data is stored only in leaf nodes, that makes searching easier. This corresponds to the records that shall be stored in leaf nodes.
Linked list is the suitable efficient data structure.
• The manipulation of Arithmetic expression, • Symbol Table construction, • Syntax analysis.
• Sparse matrix, • Index generation.
• Compiler Design, • Operating System, • Database Management System, • Statistical analysis package, • Numerical Analysis, • Graphics, • Artificial Intelligence, • Simulation
Two. One queue is used for actual storing of data and another for storing priorities.
Sorting is not possible in Deletion. Using insertion we can perform insertion sort, using selection we can perform selection sort, using exchange we can perform the bubble sort (and other similar sorting methods). But no sorting method can be done just using deletion.
• RDBMS = Array (i.e. Array of structures) • Network data model = Graph • Hierarchical data model = Trees
• Straight merging, • Natural merging, • Polyphase sort, • Distribution of Initial runs.
Polish and Reverse Polish notations.
• Open addressing (closed hashing), The methods used include: Overflow block. • Closed addressing (open hashing), The methods used include: Linked list, Binary tree.
A spanning tree is a tree associated with a network. All the nodes of the graph appear on the tree once. A minimum spanning tree is a spanning tree organized so that the total edge weight between nodes is minimized.
A data structure is a way of organizing data that considers not only the items stored, but also their relationship to each other. Advance knowledge about the relationship between data items allows designing of efficient algorithms for the manipulation of data.
One. If there is only one entry possible in the bucket, when the collision occurs, there is no way to accommodate the colliding value. This results in the overlapping of values.
Stack. Because of its LIFO (Last In First Out) property it remembers its 'caller' so knows whom to return when the function has to return. Recursion makes use of system stack for storing the return addresses of the function calls. Every recursive function has its equivalent iterative (non-recursive) function. Even when such equivalent iterative procedures are written, explicit stack is to be used.
According to Access strategies Linked list is a linear one. According to Storage Linked List is a Non-linear one.
Sequential is the simplest file structure.